Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Five Part 4

Happy Saturday.  Hope your weekend is going well.

Just a short post to share my fourth card of the Fall Five:


I was inspired by a card found on Pinterest.  I followed the link to the blog and the blogger asked that nothing from her site be reproduced, so I won't post the picture here.  But you can see the card that inspired me by visiting her blog here.

To make my card I started by heat embossing the leaf images.  I used Spellbinders Labels 14 die to mask off the area around the leaves and sponged colored ink over the image.  When I removed the die, I was left with the beautiful frame around the leaves.

I like the looked of heat embossed images, but I seem to get a lot of stray embossing powder left behind on my project.  I use this anti-static cling thing I got from a local stamp store (Stampin' Up makes one, too.  I think it's called the Embossing Buddy), but every once in awhile I'm still getting stray embossing powder sticking to my project.

 So my question is:  How do you keep "stray" embossing powder from sticking to your project?

Well, that's it for me today.  Enjoy and happy crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall card-great job on the masking! I use a fine tip paintbrush I bought at Michael's to get rid of extra embossing powder. It works wonderfully and gets all the strays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you keep "stray" embossing powder from sticking to your project?

    I'd love to know the answer to this too - I have a little paintbrush to get the worst of it off. But I usually even forget the embossing buddy because I'm such a spanner.

    Anyway! I came here to say "GORGEOUS CARD" - so clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall card. I love the colors and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these gorgeous autumn leaves!! What a glorious fall design, Nathalia!

    ReplyDelete