Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall Five Part 4

Happy Saturday.  Hope your weekend is going well.

Just a short post to share my fourth card of the Fall Five:


I was inspired by a card found on Pinterest.  I followed the link to the blog and the blogger asked that nothing from her site be reproduced, so I won't post the picture here.  But you can see the card that inspired me by visiting her blog here.

To make my card I started by heat embossing the leaf images.  I used Spellbinders Labels 14 die to mask off the area around the leaves and sponged colored ink over the image.  When I removed the die, I was left with the beautiful frame around the leaves.

I like the looked of heat embossed images, but I seem to get a lot of stray embossing powder left behind on my project.  I use this anti-static cling thing I got from a local stamp store (Stampin' Up makes one, too.  I think it's called the Embossing Buddy), but every once in awhile I'm still getting stray embossing powder sticking to my project.

 So my question is:  How do you keep "stray" embossing powder from sticking to your project?

Well, that's it for me today.  Enjoy and happy crafting!