Pages - Menu

Friday, September 14, 2012

The (Kind of) Great Outdoors

So I'm not really an outdoorsy kind of person.  Well, I'm not an outdoorsy person at all, really.  So the Card-a-Day Challenge (from several weeks ago) was to create an outdoor themed card.

I hemmed and hawed all morning to find something -- anything outdoorsy in my stash.  I came up a little empty handed.  The only thing I had were birds and butterflies.  They live outside; right?  So I went with the bird theme.

I used a sketch I found at Two Peas in a Bucket.  I was going to enter their Saturday card sketch, but time just got away from me.  Anyway...

Here's my card:


I have had the Happy Day collection from Echo Park sitting around unopened and unloved for a few months now.  So today was the day I finally got to cut into the fun papers!  I used three different papers for the banners and the strip.  I love that little bird paper it's so cute!

I added two of the coordinating bird stickers.  Everything on the card was flat so I decided to use a little foam adhesive to pop the birds a bit.  I added two of the coordinating flower stickers.  I felt they looked a little flat so I added a few gems to to make them sparkle!

I used a sentiment from PTI's Everyday Button and Bits, and stamped it on a punched tag that I trimmed down to look like a tag.

Well, now that puts me only two challenges behind.  I hope to be caught up by the end of the day, but that may be, well, a bit optimistic.

Thanks for stopping by, again, and happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love the birdies and the patterns and colors are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - birds and butterflies certainly represent the outdoors! This is adorable - those birds look just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work with these stunning papers, Nathalia!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the birds and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really caught my eye, with the bright stripes and the stickers. On the screen they look like chipboard or something like that.
    This is another card I chose as inspiration for the challenge I posted this week for Card-a-Day. I will copy to my blog - let me know if you would rather not have it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy, I am so flattered that you chose my card as one of the cards as inspiration for the challenge! And of course I don't mind you copying it over to your blog.

      Delete