Pages - Menu

Friday, October 12, 2012

ACAD Watercolor Challenge

Hi all,

Just stopping in with two cards I made for the Card a Day watercolor challenge.  Say hi to my cards:

I created the square background on the card by watercoloring with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and a square Sizzix Framlit die.  I stamped my image in the center of square with the same ink and spritzed it with a little water so the image would soften and feather to give it that "fading memory" look.

To add a little interest to the simply white background, I splattered a little of the same ink off of a very wet paint brush.

Once everything was dry, I stamped my sentiment, attached some twine, and added a little bling.


For this card I heat embossed my jar and ornament stamps onto a piece of white cardstock and watercolored the images.  Once the image was completely dry, (I was to impatient to wait, so I used my heat gun to help speed things along) I cut out the jar and attached it to my card base.

Well, that's all for me and the watercolor challenge.  I hope that you have time to play along!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. You know, I watercolor most everything!! Love this...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, cards! :D Both are wonderful. Thanks for sharing how you created them. I find OLC and CAS cards so difficult to create, so I'm always impressed when I see somebody do them well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these remarkable designs, Nathalia!! Your watercolor card is divine, and I plan on casing that fun ornaments in a jar!! How clever is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have several great new cards! I like the "dotty" watercolor - that is such a pretty effect - especially the fading look of the square. Looks like I will not get a watercolor one done for now.

    ReplyDelete