Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 7, 2012

CASE Study 111

Hi friends!  I hope you had a wonderful World Card Making Day yesterday!  I know I did.  This was the first year that I got to play along and I had a great time!  There are so many fun challenges I'm still working on so you'll see those in the days to come.

Anyway, back to why I'm here, CASE Study 111!  They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, and I couldn't agree more!  So here is the card I created:


This kind of vintage look (well, at least that's what I was going for ;) ) is way outside of my normal card-making comfort zone.  But it sure was fun to make.

I started with a butterfly card from DCWV, added a heart shaped doily and a strip of pink ribbon to help draw your eye across the card.  I matted the pink embossed sentiment on dark pink paper to give it presence on the card and to tie in that pink ribbon.

I finished the card by adding a white tulle bow, pale pink flower with matching leaf, pearl sprays, and a shiny gold metal bow that plays off of the orange in the butterflies
.

There's still plenty of time to play along, so be sure to check out the CASE Study blog for all the deets!

Thanks for stopping by today.