Pages - Menu

Monday, November 19, 2012

Winter Squares

Sorry for all the posts today but there are just too many fun challenges ending today that I want NEED to play along with!

Moxie Fab World has a challenge going called the Square Punch Challenge.  The challenge was to use a square punch in an innovative way.  I used my square punch to create a "quilted" background for a wintry snowflake.



This was a simple card to make.  I punched nine square out of three coordinating papers from Echo Park's Winter Wishes collection.  I glued all my squares down and used a silver gel pen to faux stitch around each of the squares.



Next I used my Cricut to cut out an over sized white snowflake.  I attached the snowflake to the card and traced around it with a silver gel pen to give a little more presence and sparkle on the card.  I finished the snowflake off with a large clear rhinestone.

The Snow Day sentiment was trimmed out of a journaling card from the same Winter Wishes collection.  I popped the sentiment up using a little foam adhesive.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous paper blocking behind this wonderful jeweled snowflake!! Sensational winter design, Nathalia!

    ReplyDelete