Pages - Menu

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Take Wing

Just popping in to share my card for today.



To create the circles I used the backs of two different sized clear stamps.

To get the spotty pattern in the circles, I made sure to use clear acrylic stamps (not photpolymer, but the clear stamps you can pick up for fairly inexpensive at the local big box crafter stores) and dye ink.  

If you've ever tried to get a clean stamped image from a clear acrylic stamp using dye ink, you know that it's pretty much impossible because the die ink pools on the surface of the stamp.  So I used that idea to give my circles some visual interest.   



I created a simple butterfly embellishment from two Memory  Box Vivienne butterfly die cuts, one yellow and one gray, with a clear rhinestone center.  

To finish the card, I heat embossed the "Take Wing" sentiment in yellow, anchored the card using a slim strip of gray to the left-hand side, and added a little splattering of yellow paint.

Well, that's all from me today!  Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the trail of circles and the way they inked. I also love how you layered the butterflies to make a cool shadow effect. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous...love the bright cheery colors. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative in coming up with your stamped circle image. Love that bit of splatter! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat card! I love your butterfly! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab splash of colour on the card

    So glad you joined us at the paper players
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete