Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Floral Missing You

Happy Tuesday!

This is turning into quite a hectic work week for me.  So I'm popping in to share one quick card today.  It's a (gasp) non-holiday card!  It's so strange to switch gears back to creating "regular" cards.

Anyways, enough chit-chat.  Here's my card:


I've been focused on creating DP-heavy cards lately because I am drowning in DP and I need to start using it up.  So it was nice to take a break from that and get some real stamping in!

All the stamps on this card are from the Sew Nice set from Avocado Arts.  


I love all the sewing themed elements!  Aren't they fun?

I started by masking off the sentiment and bottom portion of the card.  I then used the flower from this set to create the background on the top of my card.  To finish off the card, I added one of the faux stitching stamps from the set, along with a heat embossed, fussy cut flower as my focal point.

I will definitely be making this card again!  I can't wait to try out different color combos and sentiments.

Well, that's it for today.  Enjoy and happy crafting!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean about using DP - I have so much, and I just cannot resist - especially when it is on sale! Then I realize I can probably make half a dozen cards from one piece - mine will last forever!
    This is pretty - wonderful job of cutting that lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have layered this beautiful blossom to create your own designer background!! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete