Pages - Menu

Friday, September 28, 2012

ACAD Non-Traditional Christmas Colors

As I warned you in my last post, I am back with the second post of the day.

This morning I challenged the Card-a-Dayers to create a Christmas card using non-traditional colors.  So here's what I came up with in case you needed some inspiration.

This first card is sticking pretty close to Christmas colors with pinks, burgundy, and green.  So I didn't really think too far out of the box on this one.  But it still counts!  It's not red and green, technically.


Wish I could take credit for the design on this card, but it really is just the paper's design.  I just cut it down to card size!  So this one was a total "cheater."  I do love that nutcracker though!

Next card is just neutrals, gray and black.  This card is about a step away from the traditional Christmas color box.  No red or green -- or anything else, for that matter -- on this card.


Moving a little further away from the proverbial box is the next card.  It's clean, simple and colorful.  



I used my Cricut (yes, it's still sitting out on my desk) to cut the letters.  I used foam adhesive to pop the white part of the sentiment and backed "bright" with a rainbow of colors.  I thought I was being original but right after I made it, I saw something super similar in the new November/December issue of Paper Crafts magazine.  D'oh! So much for trying to be original :)

Now for the last card.


I went for bold and graphic here.  This card is so far outside of the traditional Christmas box that I can't even see the box anymore.  If you look closely, I had a little issue with embossing my image.  As I was working with the card, the heated embossing powder began to flake off!  I've never seen that happen.  I guess there's a first for everything, bummer.

Well, that's it for me and my non-traditional Christmas color Christmas cards.  I hope it's brought you some inspiration and I can't wait to see what you come up with!



2 comments:

  1. Four fabulous holiday cards, Nathalia! I am determined to post one tomorrow for your challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I will get to this challenge shortly.

    ReplyDelete