Pages - Menu

Friday, September 28, 2012

Paper Players Challenge 114

Wow, I can't believe another week has gone by.  Here we are, another Friday which means it's time for me to get my behind in gear and post my challenge cards.  So my apologies in advance you're about to see several posts from me :)  So hang onto your hats because here we go...

The Paper Players Challenge this week (click on the sketch below to go to the Paper Players site) was to create a card using this sketch:


I had a hard time getting my mojo flowing with this sketch because I didn't want to do the "obvious" flags here.  So I started with this little number:


I wasn't thrilled with it, so I gave in and went for the obvious flags:


Eh, it was fine but still not what I wanted, so I tried again:


Can you tell I have Christmas on the brain?!?!  I am so ready for the weather to cool down and the holidays to start!  But until that happens, I will just have to be satisfied crafting Christmas cards.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out the Paper Players Blog to see all the challenge details and the other player's fabulous cards!  There's still time to play until noon today, so be sure to check them out!

2 comments:

  1. You are cranking out GREAT Christmas cards! Did you consider putting the stockings on the green card at an angle? It might look more natural, because of where a stocking's centre of gravity is. But, I love ALL these cards. My favourite is the snow one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trio of holiday cards! Love the "snowfall" on the third card. Honestly, all three are great interpretations of the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete