Pages - Menu

Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Five Part 1

I don't know about you, but I can't believe it's September already.  How time flies!  I love the idea of cool mornings and warm cozy evenings, especially after the heat waves we've endured this summer.

To celebrate the coming of the changing season, I'm going to focus on fall cards (think trees, leaves, Thanksgiving, etc.) for the next five posts and calling it the Fall Five.

Here's my first card for the Fall Five:


I fell in love with Papertrey Ink's Friendship Jar set, but I just couldn't justify the cost for all the versions.  So I found this little jar by Inkadinkado at Michael's for a fraction of PTI's.  

I tried my hand at paper piecing, which I really need a little more practice at. (Pay no attention to the white showing through :) )  The DP is from a fall stack I picked up at Target for a dollar,  It's been sitting in my stash for quite some time, so I was happy to use...finally.

Here's hoping cooler days and cozy evenings will soon be upon us!  Happy crafting!




4 comments:

  1. Autumn is my favorite season and I know I am going to love your Fall Five, Nathalia!! This one is a beauty with your fabulous woodgrain background and fun jar.

    My trick on the paper piecing: Sponge a little ink around the edges and it covers a multitude of sins!! Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, Inking the edges -- duh. I would never have thought of that. Thanks for the great tip. I will definitely try that the next go round. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting a bargain! I second Lynn for the sponging trick! That, or very carefully do the sides of the paper with a black marker!

    I just put my fall decor up (not as impressive as it sounds, I have a runner, a banner and a pumpkin hand towel) and I am getting excited for Hallowe'en. Fall is definitely my favourite season in the US. In the UK, Autumn is just really miserable, but it's a knock-out here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite season. I've had my eye on SU's jar set, but wasn't sure how many cards I could make using it since I don't do any canning and neither do most of my friends. Your card shows me just how cute a jar card can be. Glad you found it for a steal of a deal!

    ReplyDelete