Pages - Menu

Friday, September 21, 2012

CAD Inspiration Challenge

So this week's Card a Day (CAD) challenge was to create a card inspired by one of the other CAD bloggers.  This was such a fantastic challenge idea because there are so very many wonderfully talented CAD bloggers.  I have to say it was difficult to chose just one card that inspired me.

After much debating and back-and-forthing, I selected Kay's Christmas cards.

Photo from  http://kaypeterson.blogspot.com/
Photo from  http://kaypeterson.blogspot.com/

Don't you just love them?!?!  There's a third one in her set, but you'll just have to visit her blog to see it for yourself!  You can read about all three cards and see Kay's work on her blog, Tartan Magnolia.

And here are the cards they inspired:



I had every intention of doing colored cardstock for the focal point and card base, but I didn't have any coordinating red paper!  I used all the red cardstock for the wedding and never got around to replacing it!  See, I finish packs of cardstock from stash every once in awhile!

So I improvised and went with white for the focal point and card base layers.  I heat embossed the images and sentiments with colored embossing powder.  Since my stamps were quite a bit smaller than Kay's I had to fill the space somehow, so I added a bit of baker's twine and a paper button.

These cards were so quick and fun to make, I'm going to make a complete set!  Maybe I can even justify getting those awesome Tim Holtz stamps Kay used.

Well, that's it for me today.  And by my count I am FINALLY caught up with all the CAD challenge.  Yay!

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Love both of your CASED cards-my favorite is the Christmas tree one with the little sparkle at the top-adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cased cards are so cute, love the twine and button trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous parade of holiday cheer!! Beautiful cards for the Christmas season, Nathalia! I need to get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete